Saturday, 27 November 2010

Thanksgiving weekend

I was never a big fan of Thanksgiving (I know most people do not understand) but in not having it this year and working super hard on Thursday and Friday, I realised its better to have one than not at all! 

Today was a fun and freezing day.  I got up relatively early did some work and then we headed to the crazy Camden market which we hadn't been to since one of our first weekends in August.  Finally bought Jim his birthday present an official Chelsea jersey!  Now he will be decked out if we head over to The Globe pub tomorrow afternoon to watch the game.  Football may mean different things in different countries but in the US we would never refer to the players as footballers like they do here.  At the Camden market we grabbed some surprisely good Chinese food from a vendor and sat outside on motorcycle seats along the Camden locks to eat until we were shaking cold.  I guess I really won't be able to shop around until it is spring again so we found a cosy coffee shop (Costa - one of the chains) and had hot chocolate with marshmallows and whip cream.  We also tried mulled wine from another vendor which I keep hearing about as a popular wintery drink.  It was like hot sangria; pretty good.  Then we had sushi for lunch haha. The sushi wasn't very good but it was a cool place where you sit on a cushion on the floor (but then the floor goes down below the table so you have room to put your legs like you would in a normal chair). 

We attempted again to get me a real mobile, but of course another crazy rule, that to get onto Jim's plan and thus a monthly discount he has to have three months of paid phone bills in order to add a second line because he doesn't have a UK passport. ?

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and starting to book our next set of adventures.  Planned a weekend in Portugal at the end of January!!  Hopefully we will find a great deal for Feb, too.

Missing my family and extended family for the long weekend, but will see the Voss's in less than a month! 
Now we need to decide if we are going to go out to dinner or just eat mac n cheese again before going to a housewarming party for some girls I work with; one from Miami/Mississippi and the other from Columbia.

Lots of love,
Chicago Michelle (there is a Dutch Michelle) 

No comments:

Post a Comment