Monday, 1 November 2010

Halloween and typical Monday nights

Celebrated Halloween this weekend in full force North American style (because we were with Canadians too).  It was seriously a blast and went to a Halloween party set-up by this company Britbound who does things for people relocating to London.  The party was full of decorations and even the limbo.  Overall Halloween isn't that big of a thing here and not everyone goes to Halloween Fancy Dress parties (that is what costume parties are called).  After many Jager bombs and tons of dancing (even to 80's songs) to match my outfit it was a great long night and felt like I really got to know this group of people a lot better.  A couple of girls from work and their boyfriends and then a bunch of other people all recently moved that have kind of come together. 

The rest of the weekend was super low key and involved only leaving the house to go to the grocery store!  And lots of Skyping with jim (who was in Turkey), mum and dad, Kait and Megan!  It was fabulous and deep cleaned our flat and watched movies and finished my 500 page British chicklit book which was hard to put down. 

The weekend ended with Jim finally coming back from 9 days in Turkey for fall break at 1am Monday morning.  Then having so much to catch up on barely slept, but a typical Monday work day here couldn't end without drinks and a social event, so I drank some wine, beers and bowled two games.  I'm actually getting excited for this next audit job now because the team is so great!  I really enjoyed them and even the manager and director! Wow, I really hope this continues, but I'm optimistic. 

It's about time for bed with my eyes burning and throat hurting, allergies or a cold is still to be determined.  Jim is still recovering from his Turkey food poisoning which has been going on badly for about 6 days.

Side note, Megan picked up on my slight British accent haha, love it! 

Side note number two, this is the first entry for November on Nov 1 and I'm planning for a blog filled month which means I better do some exciting things!

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment