Monday, 15 November 2010

Londoness Randomness

The problem with not blogging continuously is that you don't know where to begin when you finally do.  I don't know if there will ever be a time that I'd be able to consider myself a Londoner (Chicago for life!), but trying my damnedest.  Today on the tube home I was studying my A to Z (London map book) and memorising the streets in my neighborhood (must remember to bring a book with me at all times so this doesn't happen again!) I spent loads of time on the Tube today because of work computer problems so I got up early to jet down to the PwC office, then Tubed to the client, then back to PwC in the afternoon, then back to the client and then home.  All possible because all in Central London and surprisingly easy.  Part way through one journey my Tube stopping running due to some security alert at another stop but it was okay because I found a bus without much trouble and then got to sight see London not below ground.  I enjoy my time on the bus with my eyes glued to the window taking in every inch of the city like a little kid.

Currently listening to Coldplay.

With Jim's many trips outside of London for various reasons (next weekend will be #5 in a row) I've been on may own growing into London (past the three month mark?!?!) and it has been a blast!  There are a lot of great people here with PwC and a network outside of PwC that has expanded from that.  I have done more dancing in the last couple weekends than I have in a while and I'm finally growing out of my liking to go home at midnight phase (really the past two years post surgery).  We've trying out the London club scene and traditional Asian cuisine of all types (stretching my comfort zones every time but always good)

I've been knocking out some of the classic touristy things as well including Madame Tussauds (wax museum) where I got my picture taken sitting in the oval office with Obama, Johnny Depp and fighting over Tiger Woods.  Total tourist trap but I ate it up and it was 5 minutes from my flat!  Enjoyed spending the day with new friends and exploring the Imperial War Museum and taking in more war than I could handle and never knew rockets/missiles were so big.  To top it off there has a trip to Harrod's for proper afternoon tea.  We were all giddy it was so exciting and the whole atmosphere of the thing.  Did you know that while in Harrod's you could buy gallery artwork and a live puppy at the same time?  Along within anything else your heart could posssibly desire, maybe even a treat from the doggie bakery if you behave and don't spend your whole bank account on designer gear.  Really looking forward to going back and spending a day there, I probably only saw 5%. 

I had another grand/terrible discovery in that we are a very easy walk away from the heart of the shopping district so if you are meeting people to go out in a couple hours and you have nothing to wear....you could just go buy a new dress....(but at H&M cheap!)

I miss everyone!  I just checked the newest facebook pictures up from our trip to Harrod's and I got lost in my pictures and went all the way back into MU days and got homesick! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment