Saturday, 19 February 2011

Busy season blogging

Blogging during busy season can only be for two purposes; procrastination or venting.  I'll go with the first one.  One of my favorite things about living here is that there is always something new to do and plan.  Like just got tickets to go see England vs. Ghana at the famous Wembley stadium.  Need to rock my new England child-size jersey that I got for £6 in a sports store going out of business sale. 

So far my breakfast this morning has consisted of the little French candies Jim brought back from France when he went skiing this week.  Had a winter break from school and he spent a couple of days in Amsterdam and then Chamonix, France again.  I lodged in lovely Reading, England, a fabulous suburb, but nice hotel and it beat having to commute each day.  Working with a really team and learning all sorts of things on British culture and terminology.  I especially learn a lot with the audit team's question of the day game usually involving British sports (mostly male team).  When I actually won a question and it was my turn select a question I schooled them on how many US presidents there have been.  Do you know?  It's actually a trick question.  Jim believes this is why the financial crisis happened in the US because we can't even agree on how many presidents there have been :)

We had nice visit last weekend with our house guests Colleen and Joris and still need to crack open the Belgium beer they brought us.  The weekend included Dutch Michelle's birthday celebration and some really spicy India food.  Also massive Camden market which everyone should experience and a stroll through Regent's park.  Can't wait for the roses to bloom again next year.  I want to spent a lot of time in the park over the summer.  Part of my work de-stressing plan.  :)

Tonight off to a potluck dinner at a friend's house and then potentially going out afterwards.  We may try to hit a museum  in the afternoon if we have time.  Love weekends.

Cheers,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment