Sunday, 11 March 2012

2012 visitors part 1

Later in February, Rebecca Voss and her boyfriend Florian came to London for a few days and we had a lovely evening with them.  It was special to build on the relationships we started during our visit to Bremen in December.  We were continually amazed by their ability to chat with us all evening in English.  While I understand from Rebecca's point of view that she can't truly be her full self in English as she could be auf Deutsch we loved her nonetheless and had a great time.  We decided to show them our neighborhood in Marylebone and started off at The Beehive, thai food for dinner, with a giant English menu, but everyone liked what they ordered and then Marylebone High Street for another drink.  We introduced them to Pimms and I think I will make it my mission to introduce everyone I know to Pimms when I am back in the US. 

Great visit, and I really hope I get to see them again!

Next, Weber round 2 began in March as he presented at another literary conference similar to last year and has also been introducing us to new London microbreweries and pubs.  On Saturday we visited the Kernel brewery again near London Bridge which is sold out of the tunnels under a train bridge each Saturday.  It's fun to sit outside on old furniture and enjoy the beer culture with the other patrons and the little market that has sprung up in the train bridge alley.  I love London markets.  Can't be beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment